May 17, 2012

Diigo

Our 4th tool for the 5TTT journey is diigo, which I have found to be quite excellent! It's a bookmarking tool, but it has lots of great features - easy organization of bookmarks, the ability to share bookmarks, screen capture, highlighting, sticky notes - and its all saved to online and can be accessed anywhere. Here's a page I highlighted and added some sticky notes to. I also took a screenshot of Dhaivyd's blog to play around with a  few other features (I love that you can blur!).

Overall, I think diigo is a useful tool. I'm not sure how much I will use the bookmarking (I already have a system of bookmarks set up through chrome) but perhaps if I can get going with them through diigo it will be helpful to be accessed from anywhere rather than just from my computer. I'll have to work on that this summer! I think my favorite feature is the screen capture; it's not perfect - I had some issues with the images moving after selecting them - but it will definitely be helpful for classes as well as for adding stuff to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment