May 21, 2012

Screencast-O-Matic

Solid. I can definitely see this coming in handy, not only for giving directions when I am absent, but also for recording lessons for students who are absent, keeping a nice digital record of lessons. I wonder what it would look like to record class daily...? Hmm. Maybe I'll have to try that out next year.

Here's a quick video I made giving instructions on using some different PhET simulators for comparing solid, liquid and gas properties. I like that I can quickly demonstrate some of the features of the video, as well as showing them exactly how to access them from the student save drive.

I thought about writing a snarky comment about not being the next Sal Kahn, but I thought I'd rather give it a positive spin, and hope to be more like Aaron Sams or Brian Bennett (both of whom are pioneers utilizing their own flipped science classes). I am considering doing some flipping next year for general chemistry, and screencast-o-matic would be extremely helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment